The importance of respecting and valuing other people in life can never be over emphasized.
Respect is one basic value which we can not do without as humans. It not only portrays us like God, Valuing Other People In Life can never be over emphasized.
Respect is one basic value which we can not do without as humans. It not only portrays us like God, but it also establishes and awakens the consciousness in us that we are human beings and not wild animals. Respect is reciprocal. What you give is what you get. I have often said it that no man has ever gotten what he didn’t dish out, consciously or unconsciously.
When we give respect to other people, it is expected that we get it back. You don’t go about demanding respect from people, you earn it. Getting respect from other people proves our human identity amongst all other creatures on planet earth. The awareness about respect must be instilled in everyone, both young and old and it is to be displayed in our communities, homes, churches, workplaces, religious gatherings, etc.
Respecting and valuing other people is one of the most subtle ways of expressing our feelings for them. It doesn’t cost anything to be nice to people, but it’s very expensive to fix the damages caused by being rude. Respecting people is also an unspoken way of communicating how and what we feel towards them, this, in turn, builds unshaken, unbreakable relations with them and those around.
Showing respect and valuing people isn’t a sign of weakness or degrading oneself contrary to popular and societal beliefs. It takes courage to man up and respects other people. Being rude only shows how weak you are.
Have you ever wondered what would happen if we all went about disrespecting one another? If no one has respect for the views, thoughts, opinions of other people and in turn impose our own will? Ever pondered on what would happen to our human civilization?
I have. I still do! Life would become unbearable, chaotic and ruthless. We will become less tolerant, selfish in our deeds and actions, and that my dear friends are what I call, “moral degradation”.
Respect is about conceding boundaries and at the same time agreeing to them. A friend once asked me, ” Whitney, do I assume that parents deserve respect, even when they’ve done nothing to earn it?”, “do I also assume every one deserves respect?” what happens when they don’t respect themselves? Does respect mean obey everything?”
Nice question. Our parents may have given us reasons to think the worst of them but it would never be okay to disrespect them. Their negative attitude will never change the fact that they are our parents and deserves our respects.
Respect helps to improve a positive result from any interactions. While every person doesn’t expect to be respected, I need you to understand that with respect, we can reduce if not eliminate some of the distractions, confusions, doubts, in their minds and in turn cause them to respond back to us in a more positive way, even without them knowing.
Here are a few reasons why we should respect and value others
1. With respect, we get an opportunity to build a strong relationship across different cultures, tribes, ethnic groups, traditions the world at large and communities.
2. With respect, we build and increase tolerance.
3. We’ve all got an ego. Ego is a collective feeling that says, ” I’ve got this, I’ve got that. I am this, I am that. One of the greatest tools to handle ego is with respect. I must point out that people may hate each other’s expressions and actions but the primary expressions that always makes the first good and reasonable expression would be of respect.
4. Every life matters. Loyal relationship value people unless we give respect, we don’t and shouldn’t expect to have loyal people around us. In a frenzy world like ours, one can’t help but need loyal and trustworthy friends around.
5. Respecting others is an attitude. Remember, your personality is who you are but others attitude towards you is based on your character, vice-versa.
6. It doesn’t cost the world to be pleasant to people. Loyal relationships value people. People are important. Your birth came through others. Your name was given to you by others. You were educated by other people. You have your income through other people. People give you respects not spirits.
Quit going about saying, “I respect myself and so I don’t get involved with people that don’t matter”. There would be no you to know without other people. Your first birth was done by others and your last bath will be done by others.
Whitney Edna Ibe – ” The more you focus on adding value for others, the more respect you command. Life is like an echo, you will receive what you gave out”.
Blessings and Love 💞💖
Photo Credit: Google Pics